Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun on Labor Day!

Rocks in the Dryer is having fun today so I thought I'd jump in. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either.

How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 10 hours
Kid #2, 5 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, water breaking.
Kid #2, Contractions - went to hospital was about 5 cm dilated.

Where did you deliver?
A hospital!
Kid #1, Ft Stewart, GA
Kid #2, FMH, Fairbanks AK

Drugs?
Kid #1, Yes, Epidural which thought it would be nice and run out toward the end!
Kid #2, Would have been nice - but I labored to fast - all natural. IF I were to bring another child into this world I think I will go drug free.
C-section?
Nope, though Kid #1 almost was. He was assisted with vacuum and the Dr said one more push or we'll have to go to OR. Which I replied (something like this:)"I have to push and I AM getting this baby out - get ready!"

Who delivered?
Doctors - my 2nd was slow getting to the room - the Nurse almost delivered.

No comments: