Friday, July 24, 2009

Valdez

I know that I am late posting this but I have been crazy busy!!

Our trip to Valdez was awesome and I am so excited that we were able to go and experience with with my best friend from grade school, Sarah!

The drive down was great. 6 hrs in a car and the kids did really well! We got to the campsite - and we rented a trailer that was stationary down there. They were really nice! It had propane cookers, and an oven and a fridge with a freezer. A seating area with table- a couch that turn into a bed, and 2 bunk beds and a large bed in the back. This is seriously the way to go with kids. I said I would never camp in a trailer but it was nice!! :)

We then went on the 6 hr Glacier Cruise in which we saw Sea Lions, Sea Otters, 3 Humpback Whales, several Bald Eagles, Puffins, Ice Burgs and a huge receding Glacier.

Then we camped on more night, and drove back the next day. It was a short trip but well worth it!! Enjoy some pictures.


ME and the boys at the Glacier

Blake sleeping!

Mr. Sea Otter


My BFF Sarah and I at the campsite, wine and bug zapper!




Eating dinner!









No comments: