Saturday, January 31, 2009

Results




Hello everyone. I cannot thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers through this trying time in our lives right now. Ian's MRI results came back from the Radiologist here at FMH. They said that the tumor/lesion is still there, in the same spot, the same size! So for right now we are in the clear. I still have to send the films up to Seattle for the Neurologist and Neurosurgeon to review - but I am sure that they will say the same thing.

Ian this time around was a little bit more scared. I think he knew what was going on. Once again my good friend Renee was working that day and was the OR nurse for his case. So a familiar face was great for him. She said this time he really didn't talk much and sat there and look scared - you could tell. So next time, should be 6 months from now, I may have to use versed or some oral anti-anxiety. The anesthesiologist wanted to use it this time, but I said no because I knew he would be ok. And plus as a Peds Nurse I have experienced not so nice things when kids are waking up from having some versed. Let me just say this: They are possessed by Satan for a little bit and are VERY hard to manage. I did not want that happening to Ian.

I couldn't have asked for nicer nurses, and care. Since I work there I know a majority of the staff, and they were more than accommodating and making sure I was ok and comfortable. Which I am sure they do for all patients, and not just treating me extra special. People popped in and wished nothing but the best for Ian's results. I am truly blessed to have such a great supportive "hospital family". FMH will always have a special place in my heart.

So here are a few pictures of Ian on the morning of the MRI. We are waiting to go to MRI room.


In the wagon, ready to go!

Im nice and cozy in my warm blanket!


No more pictures mom, lets get this over with!




No comments: