Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update on the Harmons


So I used to be so good at Blogging. Lately I really haven't' felt like sitting down and typing, however; I do a lot of surfing on the Internet and a whole lot of nothing.

What is going on.... My trees are gone that were down from a rotten birch, and the people that took my tree actually cut down quite a few dead ones in my yard. Now I don't have to worry about them collapsing due to all the earthquakes we were having or just falling down because they were super dead. (and very close to my house I may add!)

I have a landscaping crew coming out tomorrow to give me an estimate on how much it would be to fix my yard. Just needs some touch up this summer that Jeff isn't here to do and then I can take pictures all pretty because we plan to move out of here around January 2010. So seeing that it snows first week in October I need pictures of what our yard looks like in the winter. :) SO in the next few weeks I will be planting potted flowers and things to make our yard have "curb appeal".

Exciting news, since I had mentioned that we were moving probably around January 2010 - we will finally be heading to the "Lower 48". Returning to Fort Benning, GA. Jeff got the job as a Small Group Instructor. He will be teaching Infantry men that have recently been promoted to Captain. Basically its a class on how to be a good Captain in the Army and have a command. This is exciting to us because it will be a non-deployable duty station. We should be here for about 3 years I am thinking and will be nice to have Jeff home for three years. Now that I think of it, I will have a full-time husband. I haven't lived with Jeff longer than 6 months without him doing any field time so this should be interesting to have a semi-normal life!! haha. I will keep everyone posted as to when we leave!

Blake, Ian and I are getting ready to make a trip down to Seattle for Ians check up with the Neurologist and Neurosurgeon. He will be getting a repeat MRI and we are planning on having no changes! Hoping for everything to be the same as the other two he has had. So, in spite of having do some tests, we are making a little vacation out of if. My brother from VA is flying to Seattle to meet us (I need help with Blake while at these appts) and we are going to do tons fo fun things. We are staying at the Westin downtown Seattle for three days where we will explore the Space Needle, Aquarium and Zoo. I have all these plans but traveling with toddlers can be stressful so we will see how they fair on the trip. Then we move to the Westin in Bellvue just north of Seattle for the lats 2 nights. I couldn't stay at one hotel for the entire trip because there is some Conference going on. I wanted a Spa hotel that also had room service, kid friendly and a pool! We will be there for Jeff & mine 7 year wedding anniversary and also my 29th birthday. The Army will cover the cost of the room.... I got a $450 room for $160!!Thanks to military discount! The Westin gives great discounts. So while I'm there i plan to get a massage... Kyle, (my bro) is there to babysit!! Happy Birthday to me!


Then Kyle will be returning with us to Fairbanks! He wants to get away from Va again and will be getting a job and helping me around the house until Jeff gets home. It will be great company. I miss him tons. Ian is extremely happy that Uncle Kyle is coming to play with him!

So that is whats up with us. I will update while we are in Seattle!

Enjoy some pictures of the boys the past few weeks.


Bought the boys some squirt guns to have fun with. They are trying to get me!

A trip to Pioneer Park with our good friend Reagan. Ian was pulling them around!
Jungle Safari Ian


Jungle Safari Blake
(yes I know I have to tighten his straps)



We toured the Large Animal Research Center
and learned all about Muskox- don't the boys look thrilled?








1 comment:

April said...

I will be so happy for you when Jeff gets home safe and sound. Your boys are starting to look a little more like their mama! Especially Ian - i loved the sunglasses! Good luck on your trip. I hope the tests come back good and that you get to enjoy yourself there.