Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Busy 9 days since last post

Well let me start off with that We have been pretty busy. Or trying to at least! A lot of happened! Brief update:

Both Cars died in one week! I won't go into details...but about 2 grand later all is well! :) Let me tell ya, got the title in the mail for my Jeep and then ka*boom.... Stuff happens that way, huh?!

Gutters clogged. I wish I was 10 feet tall so I could clean the damn things myself. Didn't want to buy a huge ladder - so I had to hire someone to come and clean & do yearly maintenance... also b/c of all the snow melting it was running off the side of the gutter making a nice divot/hole for me to fix later!! Thanks!!

My children are getting on my freakin' nerves...can a mom say that?!! Doing everything in my power to keep them occupied and happy. Thank the LORD the temps have been in the 60-70's to melt the damn snow! Its nice to get outside and play in the mud/slush/water puddles.

BUT now I have melted dog shit to pick up now. Bad thing about having dogs. It was fine when the poo was frozen - was trying to stay on top of it... but when it warms up super fast the frozen poo melts and turn to mush - now I have about 40 loads of crap to wait to dry out before I attempt to pick it up!! NICE! Thanks Trooper & Maggie. :)

Can you tell that I have hit the holy hell Kristin can't stand one more minute of the deployment?! How many more months to go!?! Please, don't remind me. Just send Jeff home right now! :)

The only good thing that has come out of the past couple of weeks is that I broke down and got a housekeeper. Let me tell you she is a God Send. I said I would never have one, I have been missing out BIG TIME!! It has helped me stay on top of cleaning. (Gotta clean for the cleaning lady!) I have her once a week to get the deep cleaning down, then I think I will have her come every other week - Im hoping to become a better housewife and only need her that much. 2 dogs, 2 kids, working part time has taken a tole on my house and my outlook on life. I can afford it, then why not take advantage.....and enjoy life a little more.

Ok, as I type this I think my washing machine is possessed, I better finish this up before it comes bouncing out and attacks me! haha

Also, my grandma is coming in town tomorrow for 2 weeks. So excited...haven't seen her in over 2 years!!!

Ok, hope you all are having a better time than me. :)

1 comment:

The Dunns said...

You can do it!! I know it totally sucks right now. The midpoint of a year-long deployment is the hardest. Imagine hitting the midpoint blues in January in Fairbanks. Yuck! It will get better. We (aviation) only have about 2 1/2 months left and I can tell you there IS a light at the end of this long, dark tunnel. Hold on! You will make it!